2019 presidency: I’m not contesting, says Saraki
President of the Nigerian Senate, Bukola Saraki, has described as false reports that he is planning to contest in the 2019 presidential election.
Saraki’s media aide, Yusuph Olaniyonu, told the Daily Independent on Monday, April 2, that if it was true that the Senate president was planning to run for the presidency, the news would have been in major dailies by now.
He said: “The report is false. If it is true that he is contesting, you would have seen the report it (sic) in major dailies since last week Saturday when the news broke out on social media. But as you can see, there is nothing like that,” Premium Times reported Olaniyonu as saying.