2019: Tension in PDP camp over emergence of Oshiomhole, 19 others
[6/24, 6:42 PM]
A source at the National Headquarters of the opposition PDP in Abuja has said that the atmosphere has been tense at that level following the emergence of “one of the most fiery, radical” labour leaders in Nigeria’s history.
The source confided in Politics Today‘s correspondent that Oshiomhole’s pledge to consign opposition PDP to the dustbin of history upon his emergence as National Chairman of the APC had already sent shivers down the spines of the PDP national executive members during his campaigns for the APC National Chairmanship seat.
Another member within the PDP national executive however, boasted that the party members were not sufficiently rattled by Oshiomhole’s emergence.
The list of the successful candidates at a glance
1. Adams Oshiomhole – National Chairman
2. Ibrahim Masari – National Welfare Secretary
3. Tunde Bello – National Financial Secretary
4. Misbahu L. Didi – Representative of the physically challenged
5. Zakari Mohammed – Zonal secretary north central
6. Ibrahim Abdullahi
7. Hassana Abdullahi – Zonal woman leader North Central
8. Nelson Abba – Ex-officio North Central
9. Abubabakr Ajiya – Zonal Secretary (North-east)
10. Isa Azare – Ex officio North east
11. Tukur Gusau – Zonal Secretary (North west)
12. Nasiru Haladu – Ex officio (North west)
13. Mrs Akpabio – Woman leader (South south)